School Values and British Values
Our Ethos and Our Values
Forton School is an active community of children, parents, staff and governors who promote the values and attitudes of respect, consideration, co-operation and concern for each other and the wider community, whilst embracing the diverse world in which we are lucky enough to live in.
We offer a balanced and inclusive curriculum that is delivered to allow all children to be confident, honest, courteous, articulate and encourage an active enquiry on all aspects of the world around them.
At our school, we all share and protect our guiding vision that everyone can and deserves the opportunity to 'SHINE' academically, physically, socially, artistically, musically, emotionally and spiritually.
Our Objectives are:
1. To enrich our school community by celebrating every achievement and inspiring a love for learning in a safe, caring and creative environment.
2. To help the children to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and argue rationally through the implementation of the national Curriculum.
3. To provide first hand experience and practical tasks in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills across the curriculum.
4. To encourage children to become self-confident, self-disciplined and courteous.
5. To provide teaching./learning situations that are structured, relevant and stimulating.
6. To encourage respect for religious and moral values and to celebrate other races, religions and ways of life.
As a community we treat each other quite simply in the same way in which we wish to be treated.
We actively promote British Values to ensure that our pupils are equipped for life in modern day Britain.
Pupils are encouraged to treat people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and understanding, embracing and celebrating differences.
We value our country's values:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect